 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 3084
Re: Love that Costco
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Thu, 3 Jan 2002 04:08:47 GMT

On Tue, 1 Jan 2002 00:05:52 GMT, "Mario DeFacendis"
<defacend@SNIP_THIShome.com> wrote:

I was at Costco (Hwys. 400 & 7) today to buy a block of cheese, when I
noticed the 8466 4x4 SUV has been reduced to $49.77.  I quickly presented
myself at the returns desk (with receipt in hand, of course) and they
cheerfully refunded the difference.  I hope you all kept your receipts.

Tally ho!  Expedite!  Make haste!  Weigh anchor!  Get the lead out!  Put the
pedal to the metal!  Get jiggy with it!

Mario
This isn't aimed specifically at Mario, but at Costco members in
general...

I went to Costco this evening only to find out what I had suspected,
but never confirmed: you need a membership. Well, I briefly considered
purchasing a membership, just to get the 4x4 for $50 but decided that,
given that I'm nowhere near a Costco and that since I haven't ever
needed to go to one for any reason before, it simply wasn't worth the
$51.75 ($45+tax) membership fee. So I'm wondering...

Could some kind-hearted soul take pity on me and pick one up for me? I
could either meet the person specifically to pay them for it, or I
could pay them at the next dinner or Train 3 or whatever is
convenient.

It would be deeply appreciated.

Matthias Jetleb