 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 3091
3090  |  3092
Subject:
Train3, Is there still space for me?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Thu, 3 Jan 2002 23:53:47 GMT

I've been out of touch for a while, so I haven't been able to request my
space on the layout for Train3.  I hope its still possible to fit me in.

I'm planning a 2 module long straight section.  It will contain a
hill/ridge with the main lines running through a tunnel.  There will be
a train station platform between the rails in the tunnel, and the
station building  will be on the hill above the track.

I was looking at the current layout diagram. I'm not sure if the
"Spacer/Calum" section is rigidly spoken for or not.  I think I'd
probably fit in best along there, if the layout can be lengthened in
that direction.  I can also continue the straight road section through
my layout.

One concern I have is, since I'm building over the mainline tracks I
want to get the right clearance.  Currently I'm leaving 15 blocks from
the top of the baseplate the track sits on to the over hanging
construction.  I believe this is our standard.  Please let me know if
this is a problem.

I also thought I should put forward my turn clearance request again.  If
its at all possible I'd like to be able to run my "GO" train around the
layout.  However, in order to do that it needs greater clearance in the
turns.  I imagine this effects Jeff E's tunnel the most, but if there is
a chance of a modification before the show that would be awesome.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/derek/miscellaneous/8wideclearance.gif

Well now I must continue building like a mad man.  I hope everyone had a
good holiday, and Happy New Year.

Derek