 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 3058
  Sorta-OT: Harry Potter

So, I finally went and watched the Harry Potter film tonight and it finally made sense: Months of Lugnet posts about HP sets, the various names (Room of the Winged Keys, Diagon Alley) of the sets, I finally understood all of them. My sister, (...) (22 years ago, 30-Dec-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Sorta-OT: Harry Potter

Hi Calum, greetings from the west coast! :) (...) Oh yeah when I watched the movie, I basically experienced the same revelations as you - even though I read the book! Seeing those particular scenes presented to you on screen really helps, especially (...) (22 years ago, 30-Dec-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Sorta-OT: Harry Potter

(...) Well I don't feel like saying "I told you so" but I had read all the books since the beginning of the year, with exception to the last 2 which I bought at the end of March. I really thought the movie was great, but due to the length of the (...) (22 years ago, 30-Dec-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Sorta-OT: Harry Potter

(...) I'd have to say at first hand, the movie scenes.... but some of the larger scenes, like the Hogwarts Castle, must have been in design, well in the development pipeline, for over a year, so too the Hogwarts Express, maybe some of the others in (...) (22 years ago, 30-Dec-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Sorta-OT: Harry Potter

(...) Weird. For me the reaction was opposite. The LEGO set looks nothing like what I imagined from the book. Although many of the other sets/scenes from the movie seem to be well presented. (...) The book. As well, there is no published connection (...) (22 years ago, 30-Dec-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Sorta-OT: Harry Potter

(...) Hi Bryan! (...) My suspicion is they probably had storyboards for the visual effects, set and production design departments done up during preproduction for the movie. They probably passed them to Lego designers to build sets for. They even (...) (22 years ago, 30-Dec-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Sorta-OT: Harry Potter

(...) Well Soccer has done really well for them so I don't see them axing it anytime soon, though I have no idea why they put out a new soccer field that is not really any different than the old field. As for Quidditch, I could see a lot of (...) (22 years ago, 30-Dec-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Sorta-OT: Harry Potter

(...) I can see how the Lego doesn't look anything like what you imagine from the book-of course everyone will have a different opinion and imagination. (I haven't read the books so I had no opinion). What really got me was the narrow arches on the (...) (22 years ago, 30-Dec-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Sorta-OT: Harry Potter

(...) I would normally agree with you, that something translated from a book to another medium generally won't look like what you imagine. However, the Harry Potter movie seems to be the exception to this rule. For myself, and many others I've (...) (22 years ago, 30-Dec-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)