 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 3068
Re: Sorta-OT: Harry Potter
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Sun, 30 Dec 2001 18:17:12 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Bryan Wong writes:
Hi Calum, greetings from the west coast!  :)

Hi Bryan!

I just looked at set 4712 and the troll & bathroom would've made NO sense
whatsoever if I hadn't watched the movie... :)

The question is though, what came first - the movie scenes, or the Lego sets?

My suspicion is they probably had storyboards for the visual effects, set
and production design departments done up during preproduction for the
movie.  They probably passed them to Lego designers to build sets for.  They
even may have passed production stills or daily rushes during production of
the movie itself, but it would probably be too far down the pipe by then.

Calum