 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 2631
Re: Lego Shop @ Home order
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Wed, 24 Oct 2001 02:48:28 GMT

Yes, I sympathies completely.

Wayyyyyyyy back in 1997 when Lego Shop @ Home was just off of the 404,
(24.56 min from my house) prices were competitive, shipping was free and the
delivery was fast.
But as of late, I really have no choice, I need the Guarded Inn, really need
the Guarded Inn, needin' the Guarded Inn like heroin…       ;)
But, I’ve attempted to be a bit purchase savvy. I purchased about 10 Dragon
Riders (the ones Ben alluded to) for only $2.50 and used a free shipping
coupon. But now the exchange rate is quite high, and Richard (here goes the
third-person thing…) will no longer buy from S@H for a while!    :(

            Bye again now,

                          --==Richard==--

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Allan Bedford writes:
In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Benjamin Medinets writes:

I ordered a sizeable order (no deluxe metroliner kit, this time, sorry)
I ordered several bulk packs to finish up a small town church, to be
unvieled at a future rtl dinner.
I also ordered 2 club cars, a dragon rider, and another mcdonalds (probably
for parts???)
I won't disclose the total cost, but it was over $100, and will net me a
free lego t-shirt.

I was just going to complain about that.  I ordered a Metroliner Kit and a
second Club Car plus a pack of windows.  Do you know how much it
was?!@!#(*&@#!  $380 frickin Canadian dollars.  I kid you not.

Holy cripes.  What do they think they're selling here?  Crack?  Heroin?  I'm
going to go cry now.

I wonder how many dollars have been spent by Canadians through the American
Shop at Home in the last year vs. what we would have spent through the old
Canadian offices?  I know for myself it's an easy figure to come up with.
Zero.  Nadda.  Nothing.  Zip.  I have spent not a single penny on Shop At
Home south of the border.

Which in itself wouldn't be so bad if there was just something in the stores
to buy.  On Saturday past, trips to a Zellers and two Wal-Marts resulted in
every more depressingly stocked shelves at each stop.  As a result, though I
was hoping to pick up something interesting... really anything remotely
interesting... I ended up spending once again, absolutely nothing.  Anyone
else in Canada feel this way?  Unwilling to afford (or refusing to submit
to) the steep Shop At Home prices and unable to find anything locally to buy?

Regards,
Allan B.

Regards,
Allan