 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 2310
Re: shamefully yours.... :)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 10 Sep 2001 17:35:13 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Benjamin Medinets writes:
just wanted to post that I went on a slight Lego binge this weekend...
I had $400 CDN burning a hole in my pocket... so I broke down, and went to
Toys R US...wanting to see if they had the Harry Potter sets maybe slightly
early....NO DICE :(

Benjamin Medinets

Lately I've been checking out the S@H phone specials...

Picked up 2 Arachnoid bases, verrry sweet
2 Aquazone bases (again, sweet)
and that grasshopper looking thingy... forget all these set numbers...

All for very cheap phone special prices, all with good parts for Trains...
Though the grasshopper had two new spring suspensions which went immediately
into my technic collection--shoulda ordered one more set so I could have 4
shock absorbers instead of two, maybe this week.

The submarine that came with the aquazone base is now sitting at the bottom
of my fish tank--liked that part of the set but the actual base sucks.
dunno what they were thinking...

I have the metroliner deluxe on order, with 2 club cars, so that'll be
october...

and what else... if the pirate ship is the next classics to be released,
i'll probably get that too, cause i saw that years ago, wanted it but was in
a pseudo 'dark ages' where i just used the pieces i had and didn't buy new sets.

by the way, ever since i met up with the rtl community, i feel vindicated in
my appreciation for the little company in denmark, and my building/buying
has been directly proportional to this newfound vindication, though I did
buy the rcx before i met you guys and LOVED it.

i wonder... if there wasn't this group, how many of us afol's would be into
LEGO as much as we are?  I mean, I created before I met all of you, but it
was like, buildthe truck, let it sit for 6 months... look at it, modify it
and let it sit for another 6 months... sometimes build something else when
time/opportunity warranted.  but now, with my involvement in rtl, the LEGO
really hasn't been put away.  Hmmmm... just a thought.

Dave