 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 2311
Re: Lego Trains
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 10 Sep 2001 17:39:24 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Derek Raycraft writes:
In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Kathleen Theriault writes:
I'm definitely going for the actual Lego, though, rather than the
Duplo only because we will be playing with it *with* the boys and it will
have much more play value in the long run considering the expense.

That is a very good argument for getting Lego System trains.  It will definitly
have longer play value.  Its great to hear that you will be play with it with
the kids.

Does anyone
know if the Harry Potter Hogwarts Express train by Lego will be compatible
with the track and motor etc?

As far as I can tell it is not directly compatible with the standard trains.
It doesn't use proper train wheels.  However it is lego, so there is no reason
you can't modify it run on the rails.  I haven't seen it up close yet so I'm
not sure how big a task this would be.

Probably not too hard...I am not sure but I think you should be able to use
bogie plates (if it isn't being used - same basic train plate)... train
motor could easily be mounted on the rear....
the key question would be "which electric system you use for it?"  The overall
look is nice without a motor, and you lose the "charm" when you add the
standard 9V motor in.  The 12V motor is nice, especially for a charming
train engine car like the Hogwarts Express (which should be in stores no
later than October 1st!!!).

Benjamin Medinets

Derek