 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 2312
2311  |  2313
Subject:
My Monkey Needs a Brain
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 10 Sep 2001 18:00:30 GMT

Perhaps that should be my monkey needs a mind.  I've got a brain for it(RCX),
it just needs to be programmed.

Using my brain, and mind, I've been able to get my monkey to swing from bar to
bar on my test ladder.  Originaly I was using a battery box and polarity
switchs to control it, then I thought, I have a RCX remote why am I doing this.
So I took the batteries out of my stereo remote, which ironicly an hour early
I had removed from the RCX remote to put in the stereo remote, and put them
back in the RCX remote.  Yes I do some silly things.

Anyway that RCX remote is great.  I never really used it before.  I just got
the set for the rotation sensor.  Its either very powerfull or the RCX is very
sensitve because it didn't matter where I pointed it, it still worked.

Speaking of rotation sensors, does anyone know if you can get them individualy?
I have a catalog that shows them as set 9756, but I've never found this to be
available.  I've home spun my own with touch sensors but they are never very
consistant.

Well I hope to have my monkey thinking on its own by the end of the week.  Then
I'll either work on some RCX-less ideas I've had, or start planning a module
for Train 3.

Derek