 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 18232
Re: Brickfetes Great Ball Contraption
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Fri, 26 Jul 2013 21:13:31 GMT

I should point out that due to reasons that were beyond my control, I could not
be with my GBC MOC.  Someone else was left to play with my balls.  For the
Saturday, the GBC worked for hours, when the ball pump stopped.  The person who
was the GBC guy just pulled my GBC and moved it to another table.

I was a bit busy RUNNING THE EVENT DAVE so I could not stroll by and reverse the
motor for a second to clear the jam.

For the Sunday, I had the ball pump self feed, so it was playing with its own
balls.  I want it pointed out that it played by itself, with its own balls all
day Sunday and not once was it out of commission.

Sadly, I do not have photos, or videos of my balls, or GBC, or anything for that
matter.  There is a nice video of me here though.  (notice Dave and his Apron)

http://epdaily.tv/all/spotlight/brickfete-2013/

I did ask the reporter Marrissa to play with my balls when I did the interview
and showed her the GBC.  She held them to see what GBC was all about.

Regards

Chris

How's that Brian?  ;)
I rtl'ed it for you.

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Brian Davis wrote:
Dave's 4 (FOUR!!!!) GBC's build a week before the show (A WEEK!!!
ALL 4!!!) worked the entire convention.  No problem, no worries, no
losses, no issues...

Chris's 1 GBC he built ALMOST IN THE LAST MILLENIUM!!!! was taken
out after 5 minutes.

Oh, is that key grips going by?

I'm detecting a hey mister, your GBC sucks vibe in your post.

I love the fact that the GBC, which was created as community-building,
cooperative activity... can immediately sink to the lowest common denominator
when placed in the hands of rtlToronto.

:)

On the flip side, pictures? Video? Documented failures with Chris cursing in the
background? You know, the good stuff.