 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 1754
Re: Aaargh. L272 IC needed.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Thu, 19 Jul 2001 01:59:11 GMT

We've run into a little bit of a snag with Operation DCC.  Mario has done up
the TMW5 Booster board, but we're missing an IC for the decoder unit.

It's the SGS Thompson L272, a dual power op amp in a DIP package.  We need
the L272M, the eight pin DIP variant.  And we need one for every decoder.
Anyone have a line on these?  We've tried Supreme on Queen, Electrosonic,
Active Components.  I'm even willing to desolder them from dead VCRs and the
like.  Our last ditch is to order from DigiKey or Mouser.

Anyone?

Calum

Hi Calum,

have you found the chip yet? OpAmp in 8 pin dip is a common thing, you'll
probably be able to find a equivalent of that chip that will do the job.

Bring the spec of the chip with you to a store so you can check the spec in
databook and equivalence book.

Martin