 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 15857
Re: rtl21 ideas
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Wed, 8 Mar 2006 20:33:13 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Rob Antonishen wrote:

Or drag racing outside the box.  Literally!  Put the playfield on the floor and
have the bots race around the playfield.

I would suggest an outer track marker of tape (white or black, whichever has the
best floor contrast).

I know others have done this on a gradient oval track (can't find the link right
now) so the racers can judge their relative positions, but most may not have
access to a large format printer required to make such a track for practice...

Hrm...(stares a cad plotter)....yes...

Yes, we've done it on an oval gradient track.  Here's the link:
http://www.teamhassenplug.org/LafLRC/Indy_5_Rules.pdf

Making the test track is a big problem.  But there are several things that make
it pretty cool.

1) Head to head
2) Fun to watch
3) Easy to enter
4) Doesn't require complex robot or program
5) Not as easy as it seems.

It's very fun.

Steve

PS Calum, thanks for the respect, and I really am trying to tone down  my
"ruthlessness".