 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 15661
Re: Project Why? Because I wanna ask!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Thu, 9 Feb 2006 23:20:37 GMT

not to be pendantic, but can I mention that you've allowed non-official sensors
in other competitons before?

With the premise that the 'bot 'could do it with regular 'LEGO' sensors, but the
builder didn't swap 'em in and used the HiTechnic.

I could build my 'bot with 'LEGO' wires going thru the turntable with no issue,
except I would have to untwist them between bouts.  The phone cord addition just
makes it so I don't have to do that between bouts and has no bearing on the
actual competition.

How about coding your robot so it doesn't twist them up in the first place.

Adding the turntable in the wire means your wires won't twist up, which means
they won't add tension to the connectors which means they won't pull off the
connectors if you twist them up too much.  This means they are not functionaly
equivelent standard wires.

There are workable solutions within the confines of the rules.  There is no
reason to be lazy about finding one.

Derek

ps. This not being able to post through email is really anoying.  Now I don't
even get an error message reply.