 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 15506
Re: Y??? 'Cause I'm asking!!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Fri, 13 Jan 2006 18:45:52 GMT

On 1/13/06, Derek Raycraft  wrote:
This is the answer I got:

David Koudys wrote:
So a few questions for rtl20

I think Derek asked this one--the 4 stud width beside the opening--does ths
mean
it can be 4 studs until the next opening, or does each opening require it's
own
4 stud walls with no overlap?

Fine ASCII Graphix below--

XXXXOOOOOOOOXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOXXXX

Yes

X = brick wall

O = opening

No 'shared wall' between openings

or

XXXXOOOOOOOOXXXXOOOOOOOOXXXX

No

Shared wall between openings

The other question I have right now is the 'uniform wall colour', as per the
rules

The rules suggests white walls (which I have no issues with), however I want
use hinge bricks to bring all the walls together.  I don't have many white
hinge
bricks--can we substitute other colours for hinge bricks along the edge of
the
walls (still inside the 4 stud wall)?

Pick a colour for your walls that you have matching hinge bricks for, or
reconfigure so the hinge is one stud behind the wall.  Then it doesn't
mater what colour the hinge is.

Derek

mmmm

I'd disagree.  I think shared walls should be allowable (as I can't
think of a good reason why not :)

I'd say the XXXXOOOOOOOOXXXXOOOOOOOOXXXX is allowed so long as it is
all on one plane.  This (two openings) is the maximum that can fit on
one straight wall les than 12" long.

Other thoughts on this?

One question from me -   If you have one transfer opening in the
middle of a MUCH larger wall, I'm thinking only the defined transfer
"buffer" needs to be white.... correct?

-Rob A>