 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 15500
Re: R20 - Project Y - Suggested rule change.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Thu, 12 Jan 2006 19:54:38 GMT

Steve Hassenplug wrote:
On Thu, January 12, 2006 2:03 pm, Derek Raycraft wrote:
I'm going through this too.  I find I can build components studless
reasonably well, but I can't figure out how to tie them together.  I
find I have to friction pin them to some studded beams and build the
supporting structure that way.

Right.  But can you do it without the studded structure?

Part of the problem is number of pieces available to me.  For example I
have 395 1x16 Technic bricks.  And that doesn't included the hundreds
I've purchased in bulk.  I have similar availability in other sizes.

Now I apparently have 68 15 long studless beams.  Again with a related
distribution in other sizes.  However I'm currently keeping a lot of
sets that included these pieces together.  So that reduces the
availability of studless parts a lot.

But when I'm building something studdless I run out of pieces too
easily.  When I build studded I can go all day and never have to think
about part availability.

So not only am I learning how to assemble things studlessly, I have to
relearn how to use parts efficiently.  I hate that. :-)

Hmm, the solution seems to be buy more Lego.  Well that can't be a bad
thing.

Derek