 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 15353
Re: [rtlToronto] rtlToronto20 Near Final Ruleset
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 13 Dec 2005 01:21:20 GMT

Vitali Furman wrote:

Hi folks,

This is the near final rtlToronto20 ruleset as defined by people at dinner last
Friday.  Present were Chris Magno, Derek Raycraft, Rob Antonishen, Wayne Young,
John Guerquin, Ivan Louch and myself.

http://peach.mie.utoronto.ca/events/lego/lego-rtl20/

You'll notice there are a few changes, most importantly inclusion of a
"guidelines" section which recommends certain design criteria but doesn't
enforce them.

An event date in February will be announced shortly.

Calum

Hey Guys,

I have a question. Would it not be better to make the collector wall (eg. black)
to make the light stand out rather then white?

Vitali

The colour of the wall can be any colour you want.  There is a
"guideline" that suggests a white wall will help with robot
identification, but my tests have shown that the only thing the light
sensor sees is the actual light.

If you feel a black wall would be better for you, then by all means,
make it black.

Chris