 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 14859
  Re: this place is DEAD..... lets kick it up a notch

(...) You can get more outputs or a smaller brick by chopping a wire, and using the 2 bits for signal input and motor output. Only really useful if you know the brick is gonna be close to the signal and motor though. ROSCO (19 years ago, 2-Oct-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: this place is DEAD..... lets kick it up a notch

I love the assumption here that Chris... Chris Magno! Is going to use this for trains. :-) Derek (19 years ago, 3-Oct-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: this place is DEAD..... lets kick it up a notch

(...) UMmmm NO!! this is NOT for trains.... heck. i even said in my original post: "so that i dont mess up my (technic) motors. " i think DCC is a nice way to add many motors to a technics creation, and only need once pass through wire. Chris (19 years ago, 3-Oct-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: this place is DEAD..... lets kick it up a notch

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Chris Magno wrote: <snip> (...) I'm going to give you an FYI, but if you DCC a 9v motor using the brick you're building, you get a diminished power output to the motor as oppsed to going straight 9 volts to the motor, or (...) (19 years ago, 3-Oct-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: this place is DEAD..... lets kick it up a notch

(...) hummmm what chip did you use? this one is rated to 1 amp, and IIRC, the stall is higher. and IIRC, (some more) the stall of the technic is LOWER. we'll see. maybe this is todays project. Chris (19 years ago, 3-Oct-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: this place is DEAD..... lets kick it up a notch

(...) I doubt it's a problem with the chip. In order for the DCC to send the signal to the chip, it must send a message pulse that sometimes either goes above 9v, or goes below 9v. The RCX has a maximum output of 9v. So, to send the signal, it must (...) (19 years ago, 3-Oct-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: this place is DEAD..... lets kick it up a notch

(...) Ummm dunno about anyone else, but I certainly didn't make that assumption... ROSCO (19 years ago, 3-Oct-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: this place is DEAD..... lets kick it up a notch

(...) Actually, I was assuming he wanted to make a cool GBC, and, in an attempt to create a really cool module, he decided to try and put a train to good use. Unlike all the train people that want to add a Mindstorms to their train layout, he wants (...) (19 years ago, 3-Oct-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: this place is DEAD..... lets kick it up a notch

(...) OK, lets make this clear. the ONLY train stuff i own is: a box of MISB switch points a box of MISB STRAIGHT track some yellow/black train mostly still in box THATS IT AND!!!!! the ONLY reason i own all that was to have it in a place in my (...) (19 years ago, 4-Oct-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: this place is DEAD..... lets kick it up a notch

(...) ... (...) I think I have three sets of switch points, and I've never found a good use for them... Steve (19 years ago, 4-Oct-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: this place is DEAD..... lets kick it up a notch

(...) Well, you could throw 'em my way so I can practice using my Dremel... That's a good use... Dave K (19 years ago, 4-Oct-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: this place is DEAD..... lets kick it up a notch

(...) i have some 2x4 BoP wood you can use to dremel up. Chris (19 years ago, 4-Oct-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)