 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 1475
  rtl9

k, i'm not exactly happy with the monkey bar thingy... -- not that i'm writing it off... but i've come up with another competition that can be held at the same event. i'm putting black electrical tape down on my 4x4 arena, maze-like. whichever 'bot (...) (23 years ago, 23-Jun-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtl9

(...) Actually, thinking about this a little more and discussing with friends.... using the 4x4 arena... the 'bots start in opposite corners on top of the black line... the lines follow a random winding way until they both end up in the middle, (...) (23 years ago, 23-Jun-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtl9

Perhaps we should do a simpler contest this time, although I too am still open to the monkey robot contest. If we go with your idea Dave, should we use the 8x8 arena instead of the smaller one? How big should the white square be? Will we run into (...) (23 years ago, 23-Jun-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtl9

(...) I was thinking that the square would be big enuf for a light sensor to see it, like 4 inches square... the 8 by 8 arena would be a long trip, specially since i was thinking about having a zig-zag pattern and almost loops, i'll have a pic up (...) (23 years ago, 23-Jun-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtl9

(...) if driving straight there via 2 rotation sensors is an issue, we could have one more small rule. at startup, your opponent can place your 'bot within your square, facing it in whatever direction they choose. you get to press the 'run button (...) (23 years ago, 23-Jun-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtl9

Dave, I just got in. I've been working all weekend. I've read through your idea, and it is interesting. BUT i really wanna build a monkey. monkeys are hard. If you want to run a parallel game, that's fine by me. as always my "personal" rule is: If (...) (23 years ago, 24-Jun-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)