 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 1480
Re: rtl9
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Sat, 23 Jun 2001 18:33:58 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Bruce Sheridan writes:
Perhaps we should do a simpler contest this time, although I too am still
open to the monkey robot contest.

If we go with your idea Dave, should we use the 8x8 arena instead of the
smaller one?  How big should the white square be? Will we run into trouble
differentiating black, grey and white (did you solve the problem from the
last contest)? I'm not sure if we should allow a robot to simply drive to
the centre and declare victory. Even with randomly placed white squares, you
could probably still be pretty accurate using 2 rotation sensors.

I was thinking that the square would be big enuf for a light sensor to see
it, like 4 inches square...

the 8 by 8 arena would be a long trip, specially since i was thinking about
having a zig-zag pattern and almost loops, i'll have a pic up tonite on my
'page (hopefully, have stag-and-doe to go to, dunno when i'll get home to
upload pics) as to what the course may look like.

if we use 4x4, we can have quick competitions (2 min and under, depends on
how fast 'bot is...)

if we have 8x8, we can make course that much bigger...

matters not to me...

dave