 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 1476
Re: rtl9
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Sat, 23 Jun 2001 16:58:33 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, David Koudys writes:

dave

Actually, thinking about this a little more and discussing with friends....

using the 4x4 arena...

the 'bots start in opposite corners on top of the black line...

the lines follow a random winding way until they both end up in the middle,
where there's a white square.

each line is an exact mirror image of the other (i'll get pics up on my site
asap)

the idea here is that, from the word 'go', the 'bot that stops on the white
middle square first wins.

there will be, besides the solid continuous randomly weaving black line to
the center, randomly placed white squares surrounded by a black strip, which
will be at least 3-4 inches from the 'real' main black line.  this will
screw up those that want to drive randomly across the board until their 'bot
hits the white square in the middle.

i mean, there are no rules that say you can't drive randomly thru the
playfield, but if you stop on the wrong white square, that's your tuff luck.

the breakdown:

the competition:

the 'bots follow the black line until they get to the center white square.
whoever gets there first wins.

so here are the rules:

the 'bot can be any size smaller than 1 foot cubed before, during and after
the competition.

you can use multiple rcx's with no penalties.

the 'bot has to have any part of it, when looking down from the top, inside
the white square to be considered 'in the square'

the 'bot has to stop on the white square... it can't keep on driving after
it reaches it.

here's anotehr little thing--if you want to have multiple 'bots, like have
one 'bot follow the line to the center and have a couple of meanie 'bots
that go out and try to prevent your competitor from reaching the center--
that's okay but all 'bots must fit within the 1 foot cubed rule at the
beginning, and all rules about throwing out bricks and stuff that we usually
have at these competitions are in full effect.

so tell me what you think.

dave