 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 14599
Re: BoP rtl19 - best 8 seconds of my life.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 12 Sep 2005 01:51:00 GMT

WOW, Calum-land must be a VERY messed up place.

this is how it went DOWN.

Calum Tsang wrote:

waiting 8 YEARS to see this:
http://www.thepyroguys.com/rtl19/smash.wmv  (4)
PRICELESS!!!

You missed the part where you had to rig this crash twice,

BULL!!!

the VERY first game of the day was YOU and ME. and it looked like the
video I posted.

once when your robot
failed (this is where Chris says "Do over!  Do over!" and I curse at him), the
second time when my robot was actually strong enough to fend it off:

Calum,

the prelude to this video was this:

CALUM: man i wish i had that crash on video
Chris: ya, that was cool
CALUM: ANYONE have it on VIDEO?
Chris: mmmm chocolate
CALUM: Chris re:build your bot!!!
Chris: AGAIN? fine. Why?
CALUM: so i can re-do the smash for video
Chris: mmmm chocolate.. huh? what?

http://peach.mie.utoronto.ca/people/tsangc/nglcl/rtlToronto19-ChrisRobot.wmv

Then there was the part where I had to weaken the driveshaft to make it
polevault. :)

Calum
PS-Here I am, writing my thesis on quantum relativity and bocce ball and...

this is "close" to the words that were said.  let me add my corrections:

(ring ring ring ring bananaphone!)
Calum: Hello?!

Chris:  You've got to put up my video where I win triumphant!

more like:

Chris: hey sup.
Calum: nuttin
Chris: you got that video were i smash your bot?
Calum: no

this is correct:

Calum: But I'm busy!

Chris: I have to post about it online!

Calum: But the camera is so far away and the Premiere icon is like...400 pixels
from where my pointer is right now!

more like:

Calum:  BUT the camera is 4 inches from my hand, and i have to ALT-TAB
to Premiere
Chris: JUST Do IT

Chris:  But I have to show everyone how great my robot is!

umm no.

MORE LIKE:

Chris:  Thanks calum.  i'll link you the post before i send it.

etc etc etc

ahhh

the good old days.

Chris