 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 14198
Re: HACKED by AKINCILAR --OT-- and harsh language
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 19 Jul 2005 17:11:19 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Dan Boger wrote:

Hate to say it, but if you use ISS, the kiddies have won too.

I was trying to figure out what ISS was, then I realized, it was IIS!

Btw, I'd recommend removing the hacked page from the server, or at least
warning people who go see it.  I believe it tries to exploit a
vurnerability in windows media player - so if you view it in IE, well,
don't view it on windows at all:

One thing I learned from Chris all these years is not to use IE.  It took a very
hard learned lesson to convince me to leave my beloved IE after years of
Netscape crappiness (eg, NS3, NS4).

So now I use Firefox.

Calum