 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 14208
Re: HACKED by AKINCILAR --OT-- and harsh language
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Wed, 20 Jul 2005 01:05:02 GMT

So now I use Firefox.
pigs in the sky?
figure skating in hades?
what gives?

One day I was happily surfing along.  And BOOM, I got some
trojan/scriptvirus/browser
exploit/spyware/malware/teenager-didn't-get-a-date-for-the-prom's-revenge thing
and my entire Dell Precision Workstation 360 "sooperworkstation" (like a
soopercomputer, but with better engineered airflow) suddenly became as spyware
ridden as a teenage girl chatting with her friends on IM and looking for MP3s.

It hurt.  Somewhere on hour 36 of trying to gut it out of my system, I said...IE
no more.  Firefox ho!  It's not Netscape 4 though.

Calum