 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 1348
Re: mels' dinner
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Sat, 16 Jun 2001 02:56:35 GMT

Bruce:

A BIG hello from all of us at RTLToronto.  At this time I would like to
welcome our newest poster.....

BRUCE.

Now that you can post here, I have a  question:

What really happened to your RCX that day???

As to other things.....

We can all decide about the button.

this is what i have loosely as the "rules"

-build a bot that starts off in a 1' cube.
-bot must start on the first rung.
-bot must  touch each rung?
-bot must stay under the ladder
-at NO point can the bot touch the floor.
- at the last rung, the bot must (???)  reach out to a point and touch a
bulls eye, ring a bell, press a button, tear a bit of paper ???
- it is not fair play to beam IR info to make another robot do something
it was not supposed to do.

this is what's allowed:

its OK, to physically attack another robot.

scoring:

-based on time, the first bot to (press the button) gets 1 point for the
game.  the loser gets nothing.
-if no robot press' the button, then the robot that has gone the
farthest based on the last rung it touched gets the point.
-if one robot falls off, then the second robot gets the point.

(???) question - is that last rule fair?  if i build a bot that just
hangs on the rung, and every other bot tries and fails, should i win.???

-if a tie occurs, then no one gets a point for the round.

if I've missed anything, let me know, and I'll correct, then post to the
web page.

Chris
Visit my newly revamped walker page @
http://www.members.home.net/cmagno/technics/index.htm