 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 13083
13082  |  13084
Subject:
Uh Oh...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Fri, 21 Jan 2005 12:32:24 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

After a minor fiasco, which I won't delve into here but which brought Sparky's
Space to its knees the other day, I get my web server back up and running on a
faster system.

So I start tweaking Apache, making it a little more 'fun' for me--doing
'HostNameLookups' and such like.

Then, after having this additional info in my Apache log files, I set my little
stats program (that someone pointed out to me right here on LUGNET--boy I love
this place!  Wait--that's too much brown nosing so I can't say that...) to use
this 'new' log info to generate some stats.

All fine and dandy, and for those of you that are slogging your way thru this 5
part epic, I really am getting to the good bit (and it may or may not have
Marvin in it...)

So Webalizer is displaying the number of visits by country to Sparky's Space,
and I think that's really cute.

Until (and here's the good bit)...

93 0.02% 90 0.02% 2067 0.02% US Government

That 93 is the number ov visits to Sparky's Space.

93 times in like a few days ('cause the newly revamped ApacheHostNameLookups
hasn't been on for more than a few days) people from the US government have been
visiting Sparky's Space!!!

Not that I'm Mr. Tinfoil hat or anything, but they're everywhere!  And they're
watching me!!!

Eeep!

(sung to the tune of 'Alice's Restaurant'--near the end)

Can you imagine 1 person from the US gov't surfin' to 'Sparky's Space' and
checking it out...

I may think it's weird and I woudln't care

Can you imagine 2 people from the US gov't surfin' to 'Sparky's Space'... in
harmony... and checking it  out...

I may think they're both (something), but don't ask--don't tell

And can you imagine 3 people from the US gov't surfin' to 'Sparky's Space'... 3
people...

I might think it's a 'black op'...

And can you imagine 93 people a day!  I said 93 people a day from the US gov't
surfin' to 'Sparky's Space' and checking it out...

I might think it's a Movement.  And that's what it is, it's the 'Sparky's Space'
anti-massicre Movement, and all you gotta do to join is to surf on to 'Sparky's
Space'.

We're just waitin' for it to come around on the guitar here, is what we're
doin'...

http://sparky.i989.net/logs/usage/usage_200501.html

(seriously--scroll down and look ath the country stats--2 visits from Iran.
Iran!!  I think that's sooo cool!!)

K, 7 a.m. is not a good time to post.

I dunno.  I'm just picturing Dubya, sitting behind that big ol' desk of his,
wondering what he can screw up next.  Somehow 'Sparky's Space' seems, at least
to me, to be setting the bar kinda high.

Not that I'm saying he's a small man, in stature and intellect, wisdom and
discernment.  I wouldn't be saying that at all.  I may have, shall we say,
alluded  to these ideas during the course of a few conversations...

But I've probably said enuf to get me cheched out by the feds ;)

Wait--this shoulda been in o-t.d.

Dave K
-the preceeding tangent(s) has been brought to you by the letters Elin and
Colour, and by the number 93