 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 1297
Re: Show and tell Friday
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 12 Jun 2001 14:31:31 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Rob Stehlik writes:
walker, if anyone wants to see it up close. Hopefully we don't have to be so
segregated in our trains vs. robots groups. I, for one was absolutely awestruck

I think it's all in good fun.  I doubt at all train/robots will ever be two
separate groups, there's too many folks who like both.  Even I will make an
attempt at a monkey robot even if I've intended to stop doing robots overall :)

I'm sure Dave, Iain, and JeffE/JeffVW will continue doing both.

Ohh I don't know...that robotics event got me slightly interested in the
"RCX-scene" don't be surprised if I come to future Robotic event with a robot,
maybe not an entry...but certainly something robotic-related....

at the train1 video. Way to go Iain! So here is how I would like to bridge the
gap... I want to come to the train2 event, but I want to have something to
offer. Obviously, since I own zero town and zero train, that means it has to be
technic... How about a gantry crane or a drawbridge?? Is there anything else I
could build out of technic?? Something with pneumatics?? An RCX powered

ohhh that would be nice....and cool that you are willing to enter something
in the Train Event....

Drawbridges would be very cool, and would actually save me a lot of work.
Especially if you could make the bridge N pieces plus four dots-it'd equal
out my unusual track spacing back to normal layout spacing.

Calum

Actually a drawbridge would fit in to your shipping scheme, Calum....maybe a
working canal for Train 3....with opening doors...

Benjamin Medinets