 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 1293
Re: Show and tell Friday
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 12 Jun 2001 03:37:46 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Rob Stehlik writes:
walker, if anyone wants to see it up close. Hopefully we don't have to be so
segregated in our trains vs. robots groups. I, for one was absolutely awestruck

I think it's all in good fun.  I doubt at all train/robots will ever be two
separate groups, there's too many folks who like both.  Even I will make an
attempt at a monkey robot even if I've intended to stop doing robots overall :)

I'm sure Dave, Iain, and JeffE/JeffVW will continue doing both.

at the train1 video. Way to go Iain! So here is how I would like to bridge the
gap... I want to come to the train2 event, but I want to have something to
offer. Obviously, since I own zero town and zero train, that means it has to be
technic... How about a gantry crane or a drawbridge?? Is there anything else I
could build out of technic?? Something with pneumatics?? An RCX powered

Drawbridges would be very cool, and would actually save me a lot of work.
Especially if you could make the bridge N pieces plus four dots-it'd equal
out my unusual track spacing back to normal layout spacing.

Calum