 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 1279
Re: Show and tell Friday
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 12 Jun 2001 00:22:48 GMT

Hey Rob,

I think Iain will be building a gantry, but a drawbridge or a lift bridge
would be cool! I think there are a lot of mechanical things to consider
in order to make it work properly and smoothly..  If you want to borrow some
track, I'll bring it along on Friday.

Jeff VW
(I Mailed you by mistake, so I'm posting it to the news group as well)

"Rob Stehlik" <robbby31@hotmail.com> wrote in message
Hi everyone,
Thanks for the people who liked my steering. That really was the only good
part about my robot. I thought the rest was hopeless... I will bring it • (just
the steering mechanism!) to the dinner on Friday. I can also bring the • window
walker, if anyone wants to see it up close. Hopefully we don't have to be • so
segregated in our trains vs. robots groups. I, for one was absolutely • awestruck
at the train1 video. Way to go Iain! So here is how I would like to bridge • the
gap... I want to come to the train2 event, but I want to have something to
offer. Obviously, since I own zero town and zero train, that means it has • to be
technic... How about a gantry crane or a drawbridge?? Is there anything • else I
could build out of technic?? Something with pneumatics?? An RCX powered 14 • wide
train??? No seriously, I would like to contribute something:)
Rob