 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 12738
Re: [rtlToronto] Peach sporadically unavailable
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 27 Dec 2004 02:11:51 GMT

You have a job to do and your have failed!  Every few hours I re-log on to check
when the dinner is or re-read the FAQ.... sometimes I just re-download a lego
demo video because i cant be bothered to save it to my local HD.

HOW could you do this to us??? Why did you allow this to happen?

I blame certain grad students in our lab who "demand" to have access to their
"academic work" and such requested their storage directories be mounted on Peach
instead of "being left to rot" while "their graduate degrees are put on hold".
(My quotes)

dont let calum advise you on upgrading to XP

Advice to Chris before upgrading to XP, last week: "Hey, do me a favour and
unplug the backup drive with all of your data.  I know a guy who I assume to be
pretty smart who accidentally formatted his backup drive while installing XP"

Chris' actions during installation of XP:

Leaves backup drive attached, formats it by accident deleting unbacked up
pictures of baby daughter and son.

That's like me going to the shooting range with Chris and him saying

"Now, don't point the barrel at yourself, okay?"

Sigh.  Even MY pictures of Abby which I've since printed for Kate and Chris are
backed up on CDR.  And my important photos from travel are not only backed up to
CDR, they're duplicated to different brand media, on a different model of CD
drive.

Calum