 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 12429
Re: Arrrgghhh!!!!! (part deux)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 16 Nov 2004 22:13:40 GMT

Anyway, disabled yet even more processes, got Zone Alarm running, and also put
the system behind my hardware router/firewall.  The only thing left is an
annoying little thing that happens in Internet Explorer--I know that many of you
will say that this is the problem right there--i.e. IE ;) but it's what's on the
system and I have to use it at work 'n such, so I'll stick with it. Anyway,
after IE's open, about 1-2 minutes later a 'search' window appears at the left
with all sorts of dumb links.  Can't find in the registry where to stop this
from occurring.  Maybe I shuold have put this in o.t.geek instead, but I trust
that rtl lurkers are pretty smart as well.

Yah I had the same thing happen on my WORK computer.  But ever since I installed
Ad-Aware, the "search window" hasn't come up again...