 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 12427
Re: Arrrgghhh!!!!! (part deux)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 16 Nov 2004 19:47:40 GMT

Wasn't plugged into the high speed cable connex for more than 2 minute
before pop-ups started appearing.

Sounds like when I was helping my brother get his new computer set up on Case's
campus.  Connected to the gigabit fiber network in order to get the campus
Symantec antivirus program installed...but before the virus scan (on an empty
computer) could complete, the computer had rebooted itself thanks to some worm.

Anyway, I have every setting turned off in IE and use Mozilla instead.  I've
started using Thunderbird too, but I'm annoyed by the fact that it opens emails
in order to sort them into the correct folders...in Outlook, I could delete
virus emails without getting the annoying "this email contains a virus" popups
from Norton.  Thunderbird has also improperly truncated my folders a couple
times after trying to delete a virus, resulting in lost mail.  Have yet to find
out if this has been fixed in version 0.9.
--Bram