 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 12420
Re: Arrrgghhh!!!!! (part deux)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 16 Nov 2004 16:08:11 GMT

Wasn't plugged into the high speed cable connex for more than 2 minutes before
pop-ups started appearing.

You should just reformat and start from scratch.  Your PC was completely
compromised, and no amount of scanning will give you 100% guarantee that there
is no custom made key logger lurking behind waiting for that credit card
pattern.

And use external firewall or Windows own firewall.  3rd party firewall may not
be able to protect the PC during the bootup cycle, leaving a few seconds of open
door.