 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 12155
  Re: iMac

(...) The two laptops I brought over were Thinkpad T23's which are 1.14Ghz P3Mobiles with 256MB of RAM each. If that's not enough for Java, I don't know what is. In case my memory serves me incorrectly, at worst, they were T21's, which are 800Mhz P3 (...) (20 years ago, 20-Oct-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: iMac

(...) Oh, forgot about trying out those laptops. But then the biggest problem we had with those was freeing up the serial port from multiple levels of security, networking and anti-virus software that was installed on them. I'm surprised anyone (...) (20 years ago, 21-Oct-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: iMac

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Derek Raycraft wrote: <snip> (...) Our very own o.t-d :) So I work for a major school bus transporation company as a 'tech support' guy. And, having 500+ systems in the field, occasionally we will get the odd "Imminent (...) (20 years ago, 21-Oct-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: iMac

(...) As I noted in (URL) some of the software Lego has outsourced was to a company called Qube, using a cross platform "Q Engine" that runs on Windows, Linux, X-Box and PS2 platforms. Check out the old post for the links. Pretty cool stuff for (...) (20 years ago, 22-Oct-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: iMac

(...) When you factor in the display is not OpenGL or X but instead, Display Postscript...far. Calum (20 years ago, 22-Oct-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: iMac

(...) If it runs on Linux there is a good chance it runs under OSX already. I know the Mac owners here at the office are contently building and running Linux distributions on their Macs. Unfortunately, since I'm still waiting for my Macs, *I want my (...) (20 years ago, 22-Oct-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: iMac

(...) Ya it's too bad the Mac doesn't support OpenGL. (URL) (20 years ago, 22-Oct-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: iMac

(...) Sorry to butt in on a .org post (part of this thread crossed over into .geek and thus caught my attention) but that sounds like a bunch of FUD. If you look at the green layer in this article it clearly shows opengl alongside quartz and (...) (20 years ago, 22-Oct-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: iMac

(...) Alas, you are all correct. I will now go and hang my head in shame and mock only from afar. Calum (20 years ago, 22-Oct-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)