 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 1203
Re: My Train2 Layout
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 5 Jun 2001 13:46:06 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Benjamin Medinets writes:
That's because you didn't follow specs on your end module, and you've also
pre-defined the width of our layout now. :)

Iain, it wasn't going to be any narrower than four modules wide anyways.
But, yes, you're right, it does constraint a layout to four wide.  I don't
have much of a choice unless I tear up years of work.  I've already spent
part of a weekend splitting my layout into modules.

Its interesting to see how things will go with this module....I think it will
be quite hard to get everyone to have standard lengths (and to accommodate
their display pieces...integration)

I agree with Iain track should be standardized.  If people go with existing
module track position, it can be pretty easy.  Anyone who doesn't, like me,
will just have to fit the rest of the network appropriately at the end points.

I find it even hard to get my self to start organizing my collection and to
straighten out my room...let alone finding enough will power to start making
my modules....or even think about how it is going to be placed....

Do it piece by piece.  I've finished assembling two modules and have the
third half done.  You can leave it and do a bit at a time.

I think we'll have to have an open discussion about that...whether we want
to go with pre-existing standards, go with "saraville" standards, or whether
we do a hybrid....that is the modules beside Calum's adapt their rail lines
to accommodate Calum....this is probably the best method....

I appreciate the offer, but I should be okay if I have the end cap to
myself.  I'll just make sure to fit PNLTC or whatever standard is decided
on.  Hence I have quickly posted out existing layout to show what I have in
case anyone wanted to match up before going out to the rest of the network.

Calum is bringing an "even larger" Saraville...

I hope so.  But actually only larger in the sense that I will have a higher
building density (I'm in process of building new several structures) and a
switch yard.  (which could be dropped if someone had a better larger switchyard.

Calum