 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 1199
Re: My Train2 Layout
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 5 Jun 2001 12:33:00 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Iain Hendry writes:
"Calum Tsang" <tsangc@mie.utoronto.ca> wrote in message

Hi folks,

Here's what I'm going to be bringing to train2:

http://peach.mie.utoronto.ca/people/tsangc/nglcl/train2layout.jpg

Note that while the ends are spaced to the PNLTC spec, the lengths are
off.

That's because you didn't follow specs on your end module, and you've also
pre-defined the width of our layout now. :)

   Iain

Its interesting to see how things will go with this module....I think it will
be quite hard to get everyone to have standard lengths (and to accommodate
their display pieces...integration)

I find it even hard to get my self to start organizing my collection and to
straighten out my room...let alone finding enough will power to start making
my modules....or even think about how it is going to be placed....

I already have an idea of whats going on them.....

I think we'll have to have an open discussion about that...whether we want
to go with pre-existing standards, go with "saraville" standards, or whether
we do a hybrid....that is the modules beside Calum's adapt their rail lines
to accommodate Calum....this is probably the best method....

...in Train1...there was a whole bit of accommodation....so I would think it
would be pretty easy....besides ......

(to Iain).... I thought it was <you> who wanted to have your modules as a
[suburb] of Saraville....

(to all)

I'll want the same basic place as in Train1....the other side of the display
or beside someone with a larger-sized town.....<i could be his suburbs>

So let's get a rough idea....

Calum is bringing an "even larger" Saraville...
Iain is bringing an industrial sector / suburb for Saraville
(hopefully) I'm bringing a <definite upgrade> of Paradisa-ville ....
err Paradise City - a mainly residential community with some commercial
activities
After the robotics event, I wonder what Jeff has in Mind....
(to Jeff) "Are you bringing an upgraded city / airport along with your super
cool round house to Train 2"
(to all)
....and Chris could bring a "Train Graveyard!!!"
It would be nice if Tim and Martin could come again, maybe bring a few
friends.....
and the others that came last time....oh boy...I'm getting excited just typing
this up....and maybe a few others that didn't come last time.

Benjamin Medinets