 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 11696
Re: Finally!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Wed, 14 Jul 2004 03:12:14 GMT

Rumours are that JMS is developing a new series based in the B5 universe.  If
do, yippee!!

Man, I would love to see a B5 series done based on the future Rangers seen in
the last ep of season 4 (ca 3262), but I'm not sure how well that would go over
with the average sci-fi fan, between the heavily reduced tech level of Earth in
general, and the heavy religious overtones that would be unavoidable if, as it
appears, the Rangers infiltrated the prevailing society through a branch of
Catholocism.  Still, I'd love to have at least one chance to see Brother Alwyn
go "Friar Tuck" on some badguy.  If JMS ever gets back around to setting up good
trilogy synopses again, this is one of the two stories I'd currently like
explored in more detail, along with the Earth/Dilgar war.

-who thinks that Star Trek, while still okay, was just not hte same after
Roddenberry passed away in '91

As someone who thought that all forms of Star Trek paled in comparisson to B5, I
always felt that DS9 was when the ST franchise peaked.  I watched TNG as it
aired, but never developed quite the interest I did for DS9, and I abandoned
both of the subsequent series after 2-3 seasons.