 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 11685
Re: Finally!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 13 Jul 2004 13:49:49 GMT

Amazon is finally sending me season 1 of the Gilmore Girls.

I ordered it like a hundered years ago.. well, maybe in March...

Took 'em long enough!

Dave K
-who is considering moving to 'Stars Hollow'...

Top Ten Signs rtlToronto is Ruined

10.  DaveK is talking about Gilmore Girls.  Previously he was cool with his
choices of Sports Night, West Wing and Firefly.  Sigh.

9. Iain has resorted to talking about ON TOPIC stuff, like the new Technic
truck.

I'll let y'all fill in the rest.

Calum

Lets see...

DVD box sets--

Sports Night - Season 1 and 2 (basically all)
Babylon 5 - Season 1 thru 5 (basically all) and any TNT movie on DVD at this
time
West Wing - Season 1 and 2 (waiting for future releases)
Wallace and Grommit - 3 eps.
Gilmore Girls - Season 1 (waiting for future releases)

There have been scant few television shows that I'd want to pay to get on DVD.
The above list is basically about it.  There's only one other series that I'd
buy outright with my current cash flow--WKRP.

Heck, I was a Trekkie at one point in my life and I don't own any box sets.  I
own 2 movies on DVD--6 and 8 (the best two imho).  Every time I'm tempted to get
TNG DVD's, I remember Weasley and the feeling goes away.  Actually, I'm not that
bad--I'm one of the few who didn't mind Wes, and that return ep. with a very
young Ashely Judd as Robin Lefler was a pretty good ep.

Anyway, I'd go off on a tangent and talk about how the last ep, 'All Good
Things', should have been the first TNG movie 'cause Generations was a bit of a
disappointment and 'All Good Things' was much better... but I won't 'cause I'm
not in my Star Trek phase any more.  Seen about maybe half dozen eps of
Enterprise--just not interested anymore...

Dave K