 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 11612
Re: Results of RTL 16
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 29 Jun 2004 11:53:49 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Iain Hendry wrote:
In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Ivan Louch wrote:

A fun day indeed, even despite a lower-then-usual turnout.

Roman and I both had a great time. :)  This is the kind of event I like -
totally laid back, relaxing, no-stress, and not crowded!  Unlike Wonderland,
which on Saturday was the highest-attended day in the last 3 years.  We had to
park in the feild on the other side of Major Mac.!

www.nation01.net/rtl16.zip

Cool!

-Iain

Congrats on your much deserved win Iain.
I could not attend the competition due to going out of town for the weekend.

That's pretty incredible about all those people attending Canada's Wonderland.
...and parking all that way from the park... ouch.

I finally decided that I needed a seasons pass earlier this year in May and went
there this past Thursday (after working the night before until 5:00 am.)

It was good that the group I went with all had season's passes, because
on the 401 Express lane, just a couple minutes from going onto 400 the
van overheated and we had to get towed to the dealership (fitting
7 people in the front of a tow truck).  It took the shop at the dealership
less than an hour to fix the problem (faulty rad or something like that).

We made it to the park at 3:10 pm, and stayed there until 8 pm.  Much to
our disappointment, we were planning on going on Shockwave as our last
ride of the evening.  Those stupid people running it decided to close it
early because it was "starting to rain".  We were about to go on the
ride!! :(

Ben Medinets