 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 11607
11606  |  11608
Subject:
Results of RTL 16
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 28 Jun 2004 14:26:19 GMT

Sat was a fun day.  I know everyone is waiting to hear about who won, and the
results of the day.

this is how things shaped up:

Derek had a cold.
Bruce showed up to whip some rope, and forgot to build a robot.
Calum showed up with HALF a robot,
John G had nothing, AND did not bring some techinc bike
Ivan .. Nothing

Iain, had the winning robot. it was (as an iain robot is) small, neat,
efficient, fast....

Dave A.  had a robot that I saw work in pre-game trials.  but never made it all
the way for the actual round robin.

Dave/Phil  showed up with a robot that did work, but due to "rope slippage"
never got higher then 17" off the ground.

Trevyn..... dear sweet trevyn.  he showed up with a robot.  it was nice to see,   it had duplo (as most of his robots do) .....  too bad it was a connect four robot.   YES, we ALL made many joke ALL DAY about how the connect four robot would not be very good at climbing the rope, OR how the C$ game was FOUR MONTHS  AGO....  needless to say it was brought as a demonstrations robot....   (no it never worked -- software issues) (wink wink)

I also did not have a robot. :(  nor did I even bother to slap some kind of half
a**ed  thing together just to maintain my 100% enter every RTL game.  I am VERY
SAD about this.    the good news is that I now have ceramic tile in my kitchen,
AND as of yesterday a working sink.  no longer do I have to do the dishes in the
laundry room.

Very soon someone will post links to brinklink photos.  and I hope calum will
have the edited video of the day.

Chris