 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 11489
Re: cleaning lego bricks
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Fri, 28 May 2004 03:14:30 GMT

In lugnet.events, Vineet Honkan wrote:
Greetings-

Does anyone out there know how to clean legos? I haven't taken my legos out for
a while and I fear that they have become dusty. If someone could give me some
info I'd really appreciate it.

Vineet--

I wash dirty and dusty LEGO bricks in the kitchen sink using regular dish soap
and water--the water temp less than 40 degrees C.  Let the bricks sit in the
water for a bit, occassionally strirring 'em around with your hands.

For particularly stubborn dirt, I use a toothbrush (not the same one I brush my
teeth with...)

Beyond that, care must be taken--do not wash electrical parts or other parts
that can be damaged by soapy water.  Some people put their bricks in a cloth bag
and throwing that in a washing machine.  I have avoided that thus far--really
concerns me.

Hope that helps.

Dave K
-who trimmed all the posting groups 'xcept rtlT, knowing our love for these
types of discussions.