 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 11401
RE: [rtlToronto] May Monthly Dinner
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Wed, 12 May 2004 13:20:36 GMT

let me paint you a picture:

the place - my current home
the time - various over the past 3 weeks
The Players - Me, my Wife, & ~MY MOTHER-IN-LAW~!!!!

Nuff said.

Ralph, for the past week, if i wanted a drink of water, I have to play hide and seek
for "the" glass.

Uhhh, OK. I'm getting the picture now, and it's not pretty.

then on sat against MY plan and better judgment, we will move the entire contents of
our home. then the next day (sunday) I will wake up in my new home, forget which box
has my toothbrush and try to get ready for the baby christening where all the family
will be over to help celebrate.

Yeah. I had a Christmas a bit like that once. Now even my wife agrees that
Christmas Eve is best spent at home, with the family, in front of the fireplace.

She somehow remembers all these great Christmases with 20 family members
eating, drinking, and having fun. Only later, as an adult, does she remember
that sometimes her Mom ended up a complete mess from the stress of the
event.

Here's a happy prediction. After this move, Kate will likely never again
ask her Mom over for an extended stay during a move. :=)

Chris, if I had any idea what your day to day life was like the last 3 weeks
I would encourage you to go. Hell, I'd caution aginast returning home.

Ralph