 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 11399
Re: [rtlToronto] May Monthly Dinner
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Wed, 12 May 2004 12:58:43 GMT

Ralph Hempel wrote:

YES, and you will all ha

(snipped lots of good advice from ralph, and a story about a messed up valentines
day)

One day, you will thank me for this bit of advice :-)

Cheers, Ralph

Ralph,

let me paint you a picture:

the place - my current home
the time - various over the past 3 weeks
The Players - Me, my Wife, & ~MY MOTHER-IN-LAW~!!!!

---- synopsis ----

2 weeks ago my mother-in-law arrived from england to stay with us in our tiny 2
bedroom home to help Kate with the move, and the upcoming christening..  she in the
basement on a cot, and I in my cap, have tried to co-exist without stepping on each
others toes. we always try to out polite each other, and its DRIVING ME NUTS!!!

Ralph, in my own home I cant do things that a guy should be allowed to do.  I wont
go into details, but I'm sure you can imagine what it might be like.

my lego and computer are in the basement.  I have to be nice and ask permission to
enter "her area" to use my lego... to surf on the SUPERCOMPTER(tm).

all the boxes for the move have been packed a week ago... EVERYTHING!!!  She very
thoughtfully packed all the cutlery minus one place setting each for the three of
us.

Ralph, for the past week, if i wanted a drink of water, I have to play hide and seek
for "the" glass.

no Ralph. I need this lego dinner. I might be late, and I wont be able to stay the
night... but I'm going to be there.

then on sat against MY plan and better judgment, we will move the entire contents of
our home. then the next day (sunday) I will wake up in my new home, forget which box
has my toothbrush and try to get ready for the baby christening where all the family
will be over to help celebrate.

then I'll have 7 more days to finish the move out of my old home. cause as a smart
guy I overlapped the buy and sell dates to give me  10 days to move.

it was my ~intention~ to do it slowly over the 10 days, and "ease" into the new
home, but Ruth (mother-in-law) has the ear of my wife, and would nag her to tell me
to move all in one day.

ARGH!!!!

thanks for pressing that button Ralph.

Chris
I will never sell magnolias off my front lawn - no matter how badly I screw up
valentines day