 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 11398
RE: [rtlToronto] May Monthly Dinner
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Wed, 12 May 2004 12:33:32 GMT

YES, and you will all have to cut the dinner short cause this friday is when i
get the keys to my new place, and I'll conscript you all to help me move the
fridge, washer, dryer, baby crib......

naw, I'll just eat some food with the rest of you.  new home be damned.

Chris, I would respectfully suggest that you might want to consider the
impact of leaving your lovely wife and two young children in their new
home full of unpacked boxes and general disarray while you go and eat
and talk LEGO with your "friends".

Even if you are not yet in the new home, and Kate is faced with the prospect
of packing boxes with the surprising amount of stuff a young family
accumulates, I would suggest you help her.

While the meal may be good, and the conversation stimulating, the bitter
taste of your evening out will remain with your family for a while. Moving
day/week is very stressful, and there will be plenty of LEGO dinners.

I know this from firsthand experience, where I completely wrecked
Valentine's Day some years ago. A mistake I will never make again.

One day, you will thank me for this bit of advice :-)

Cheers, Ralph