 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 11063
Re: Thanks JeffE!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Thu, 11 Mar 2004 19:07:00 GMT

Calum Tsang wrote:

Right, but almost ANY video card in the last five years can generate 1600x1200
in whatever refresh rate you want.  The practical limitation is the monitor in
Iain's and most people's cases.

You know I try to believe that, and keep getting surprised by the clunky
old hardware that people run as their main computer.

They complain that they can't do something.  Then I say you should be
able to.  Then they say it doesn't work.  Then I eventually discover
they're running some lump from the mid 90's.

So despite that fact that what you say is true, realistically it still
doesn't apply.

Derek