 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 11048
Re: Thanks JeffE!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Thu, 11 Mar 2004 15:47:41 GMT

Calum Tsang wrote:

1280x1024  Who runs that.  I'd like 2048x1536.

Those of us with 17" monitors.   I used to run 2560x1024 (Dualhead)
> with a matched pair of Trinitron CRTs but then Nortel took
> my right side monitor away.  I figure I'll probably buy
> a 1280 or 1600 native LCD in a year or two when they get cheap enough.

I'd run 1600x1200 on a 17".  At work I'm currently running a Sony
Trinitron Multiscan G500 (I think it's at least a 21") and a ViewSonic
E70f (17" and I expect it to burst into flames like most of the other
view sonics around here.)  The resolutions are set to 1856x1392 and what
do you know 1280x1024 respectively.  The viewsonic is at it's max I
believe, and the video card won't let me push the Sony to it's max
without dropping support for the second monitor.  It's very
disappointing.  I like my real estate.

At home I've got a 19" Viewsonic and a 17" Viewsonic, pre-exploding
capacitor models, both running 1600x1200.  I also used to have a 22" by
some weird brand that I can't remember, I got it for $150 bucks at a
charity auction but it exploded a couple of months ago after a year and
half of service.  Put it out in the garbage, turned around and it was
gone.  It's amazing that people will carry away a 75lb dead monitor. I
suspect it's probably at the bottom of the Don river now.

Anyway back to the picture.  I love how one eye of each guy is reflected
in the brim of the hard hat of the guy next to him.  I love how this
makes for a floating eye in front of the guy in the foreground.

Back to monitors, I too would like 1600x1200 capable LCDs but as you say
they are still way to expensive.

Derek