 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 11049
Re: Thanks JeffE!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Thu, 11 Mar 2004 16:18:24 GMT

At home I've got a 19" Viewsonic and a 17" Viewsonic, pre-exploding
capacitor models, both running 1600x1200.  I also used to have a 22" by

At home it is a Dell 17" Trinitron on a Matrox G450 Dualhead.  At work I have
this IBM G78 17".  It is the default "You're a Manager, You Get a T23 Laptop,
Here's Our Corporate Standard for Laptops" monitor. Both I run 1280x1024 on.

gone.  It's amazing that people will carry away a 75lb dead monitor. I
suspect it's probably at the bottom of the Don river now.

Yes, yes it is:

http://peach.mie.utoronto.ca/people/tsangc/tech-6091-index.html

Anyway back to the picture.  I love how one eye of each guy is reflected
in the brim of the hard hat of the guy next to him.  I love how this
makes for a floating eye in front of the guy in the foreground.

I never noticed that!  I've been in a fit of cleaning up the Lego mess lately
and I decided to keep a minifigure jar like most of you do.  I took my bag of
construction workers and assembled them for the photo, then dropped them into
the jar for later use, maybe in train6.

Back to monitors, I too would like 1600x1200 capable LCDs but as you say
they are still way to expensive.

I didn't think this was an issue, but recently I was speaking with a guy from NZ
here at the office who said in Asia/Pacific, most LCDs are DVI-D already,
whereas here, even up to 17" most LCD's are still RGB Analog.  I think the lack
of DVI-D compatible video cards out there means most display manufacturers won't
put both since people won't want to pay for it.  DVI-D I think is almost a
requirement for 1600.

Calum