 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 10978
Re: WANTED -- ideas to teach kids about lego roboitcs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Wed, 25 Feb 2004 18:39:18 GMT

Chris Magno wrote:

...and this is my 8480 space shuttle.

   However, having used it in just that way, it *is* a great set to show the
kids. I used the LEGO mars exploration rover several times this year while
talking to school groups about the MER mission(s), and built an unsprung
suspension out of LEGO that you could run over a "rock" (the child's fist). Some
demos of pre-built, wow-isn't-this-great goes over well with 6-yr-olds.

I forgot about... the manna's I have.

kids would LOVE the smash up derby effect.

   The manas were always the "spoilers" in our kids sumo contest - the older
ones built autonomus RCX-based, while the younger ones just tried to smash
things off the ring with the rather underpowered manas. Actually, at times a
pretty fair fight (a mana could win, but only be realizing you had to
hit-em-from-behind).

--
Brian Davis