 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 10975
Re: WANTED -- ideas to teach kids about lego roboitcs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Wed, 25 Feb 2004 15:13:53 GMT

after much thought I tend to agree with everyone's ideas of pre built (and
programmed) robots.

what i will probably do is build as many line follower (or something)

sumo.

I mean lets be blunt,  this is NOT some real forum to teach kids, basically its a
way to occupy the kids for an hour.

Spend about 10-15 minutes talking about what would work well, and how to run the
robots (also safety procedures!?) then let them go.

With about 6 robots, by the time they all battle each other once (or twice) and
then have a couple melees with all the robots, you'll be done.

but I want it to be more than an hour of ... this is a C$ robot

You're right.  If you're just showing your C$ robot, that would kind of suck.

"I know it just put six chips in one column, without letting you play.  That
means it won, right?"

:)

and this is a rope climber,

Maybe you could get Rob to bring his in...

and this is my 8480 space shuttle.

:)

I doubt it even looks like a shuttle, after you threw it in your clothes washer,
and lost all those pieces...  :)

I'm serious.  Do sumo.  Kids love it.  And you should be able to build and
program 4 of them in about 4 minutes.

Done.

Steve