 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 10808
RE: I'm sorry, I laughed when I read this...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Sat, 7 Feb 2004 19:42:47 GMT

YES ralph, spelt is the past tense as noted here:

----------snip----------
from dictionary.com

spelt:
       A past tense and a past participle of spell.
-------------end-------------

I fail to see the need to point this out.

Chris, I was doing you a favour. I once criticised someone
for using spelt as a past tense, and then was surprised
when I looked it up (on dictionary.com like you did) to
find it was correct.

Since that fateful day, my sole mission has been to nip
thiis kind of senseless criticism in the bud by coming to
the defense of people that use the word spelt.

On the other hand, saying things like "I have two RCX's"
or "the RCX has it's firmware in RAM" drive me crazy!!!

SHRIEK!

Ralph