 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 10807
Re: I'm sorry, I laughed when I read this...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Sat, 7 Feb 2004 19:22:14 GMT

And before the rest of you criticize Chris for saying spelt, which we
all know is a hardy form of wheat grown mostly in Europe, it is also
the correct past tense of spell, which I am sure was Chris' intention.

look, lets get this straight once and for all.

just cause I am a lazy SOB who cant be bothered to triple check his
typo's AND has spelling problems to begin with, DOES NOT mean that I am
an illiterate buffoon.

I like to be verbose, and use this forum to practice my alliteration.
(although not in this post)

spelling be damned.

YES ralph, spelt is the past tense as noted here:

from dictionary.com

spelt:
       A past tense and a past participle of spell.

I fail to see the need to point this out.

Chris
"I stole an opening book off the web."  S.H.